Thursday 27 February 2014

Stringer's Woes!

Stringing my own rackets has been fun and rewarding. But I thought I should mention some downsides as well...

The most common, was disfigured fingerprints. Not that it posed any threat to life, but somehow, those scratches tend to end up splitting my skin along the fingerprints itself. Ugh... Another reason why I do not like poly strings!



Once, the string snapped while tensioning and a strand whipped across my arm and left a small cut. Again plenty of scare, but little damage.

Another thing to lookout for, is to ALWAYS ensure your costs are covered. Once it is known that you have a stringing machine, hoards of "volunteers" would offer their sticks for you to practise or test fanciful stringing patterns.

After spending hundreds of dollars buying and stringing natural gut and premium reels of poly for freeloaders, I learnt my lesson. It's unbelievable how these same folks would splurge on the latest rackets, shoes, bags and new slazengers but stinge on a set of new gut or poly strings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment