Wednesday 26 April 2017

Oldie: Wilson Profile Tour 95


A player I was working with gave this oldie to me. It belonged to his dad who has long stopped using this racquet.

I changed the grips, restrung it and re-balanced it to my preference. Ended up almost 370 grams with swingweight about mid-350s.


Very rare for a stick from the 80s or 90s to have a trap door in the butt cap. Made adjustments very easy!


It played very well. The flex recovery was very fast. All my playing partners felt there was no flex at all. But it was there! All in the hoop, nothing at the throat at all.

Really a beast of a racket to play with. Enormous power, with surprisingly, fantastic built-in dampening


Only problem was it was not really a 95 square inch. Probably much closer to 90. I aligned the Wilson Profile Tour with the ProStaff 90 and it was only marginally larger. 

No wonder I struggled finding the sweetspot sometimes.

Nevertheless, an absolute delight to play with!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment