Thursday 15 October 2015

Restringing the Dunlop Max 200G

When I bought this for M (link), I knew I would have to restring it. 

With a tight 18x20 string pattern, 12 shared holes in a tiny 80+ square inch headsize, I was not looking forward to it.

Since it was strung, I took a picture before I cut out the old strings just to ensure I adhere to the correct string pattern.



Just for my own reference (T=Top B=Bottom):
String Pattern: 18x20
Mains Skip 9B
Shared Holes: 7T, 8T, 9T  &  7B, 8B, 10B

Then I cut out the old strings.



There was plenty of hoop squeaks and movements when I cut the strings. This was clear indication of the very soft and flexy hoop. Something to look out for during stringing - to maintain hoop shape.

The mains was extremely easy to do. In the entire frame, there were only 12 grommets. 6 at the throat and the rest scattered at approximately 11 & 1 o'clock, 3 & 9 o'clock and 4 & 8 o'clock. 

Not sure why it was designed that way, but the grommet-less mains holes were huge, super easy to find and thread through. I felt reassured that the shared holes would not pose a huge problem.





It was not difficult to thread through the shared holes at all. Very smooth stringing.



Looks good with the black strings too.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment