Monday 28 July 2014

An Endless Journey...

When I first started writing, my only intention was to document my stringing experiments for my own reference. 

There was supposed to be an end-date of sorts - a day where I achieved nirvana in my search for the perfect string, racket, tension combination that allowed me to annihilate all my competitors!

Now I know that day will never arrive. This journey would continue...

For those restless string testers who aspire to buy your own stringing machines, be warned that this is a bottomless pit. There is no end to the amount of testings.

To date, about 20 months after my machine arrived, I have used 42 reels of strings. This excludes individual packets or strings provided by friends.

The fun part was I got to try all sorts of stringing patterns my mind could imagine - 16x10, 22x30, 16x17, etc. And pull them at ridiculous tensions from 20+ lbs to 100+ lbs!

Just be prepared, most who buy their own machines end up spending more than getting their sticks strung elsewhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment