Tuesday 27 November 2012

Bye Dunlop AG500 Tour... Hi Dunlop AG200...

Less than two months ago, I bought a new Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour thinking that I'll need a lighter racket with a larger face since I've stopped playing for so long. 

Despite my best attempts, I could not get used to the racket. It felt too light. And there was not much space left to add lead tape! The face was too big, even though it was only 5 sq inch more than my usual 95 sq inch rackets. I couldn't hit the sweetspot regularly enough. So I searched online and traded it for the heavier and smaller face (95 sq inch) Dunlop Aerogel 200.


I like the thinner beam of the Aerogel 200. It looks less bulky. Although heavier, the stock specs at 11.9oz (337g) still feels light. To beef it up further, I added lead tape. You can see the 2 strips at the inner side of the frame.


I finally managed to bring it up to the same weight as my PSC6.1.


This racket came with a hybrid of RPM and Prince Synthetic Gut @ 52/54 lbs. I'll have to take it for a test drive before I can decide how to string up this new stick.


No comments:

Post a Comment