Monday 17 December 2012

Wilson PSC 6.1 + Poly / Syn Gut @ 54/55 lbs

The previous full bed of synthetic gut is still holding up well (link). However, I have been wondering why I have not been very successful with the Big Ace Poly strings. With the lack of rackets to experiment, I decided to sacrifice and cut out the one month old synthetic gut.

What I did not know earlier was that there are several different generations of poly strings. Some are stiffer and some very soft. Big Ace is one of the softest poly strings I've come across. So soft, that many who have used it recommend stringing it almost as tight as a nylon string!

That's exactly what I set out to do this time.




Playtest:
- the stringbed (~36 kg/cm) felt incredibly soft and comfortable, almost like a full bed of multi
- power level is high, with great spin and control
- tension holdings seems good as I could not feel any tension drop at all after an hour of playing
- the softness makes me want to string it even tighter should I use this combination again


Strings:
Pro Supex Big Ace Revo 1.25mm mains @ 54 lbs
Pro Supex Synthetic Gut Spiral Flex 1.30mm cross @ 55 lbs



No comments:

Post a Comment